With barista-made coffees and fresh baked treats daily, our café is the perfect place to rest your feet for a moment after an enjoyable day out in Galway City. Our homemade scones and sourdough bread is the perfect accompaniment for a classic cup of tea or coffee – or if you want something a little more filling, be sure to try our brand new brunch menu!
The Victoria Hotel’s traditional café and restaurant is well-loved by visitors and locals alike for its warm, cozy atmosphere and delectable home-cooked food. Whether you want some light pastries or baked goods, or a chance to try our new brunch menu, our café has got something for you.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
- Clean, quirky in a fantastic location Clean, quirky and fantastic location.loubybroc 10/01/2021
Situated a short walk from the train... read moreClean, quirky and fantastic location.
Situated a short walk from the train station and in the heart of the town, without being next to a noisy bar! The staff were friendly and security conscious, actually checking you are a guest before allowing you in on the evening!
Would highly recommend this place and I’ll be staying again! More read lessTrip to Galway Lovely hotel right next to train station and central area. Easy to... read moreLovely hotel right next to train station and central area. Easy to walk around to local sights and restaurants. Great breakfast and comfortable rooms. Excellent staff to help us out. Highly recommended read lessRajan R 6/12/2022Winter get away My husband and I are just home from 3 very enjoyable nights... read moreMy husband and I are just home from 3 very enjoyable nights at The Victoria Hotel. From the friendly welcome at check in where the very pleasant receptionist (from Derry) assisted us to move rooms to suit my preferences, the friendly and helpful breakfast server (from Laois) Dearbhla in the restaurant and the lovely Lisa who checked us, the staff are fabulous without fault. The bedrooms are clean and comfy with tea/coffee facilities, safe, hairdryer, toiletries and a television.heatherm883 12/01/2021
We had bed and breakfast with evening meal and everything we ate was delicious and well presented.
Parking was not on site but a few minutes walk to a multi storey car park and free parking with the card from the car park.
Location is perfect with a few minutes walk to the Main Street and within walking distance to most tourist sites.
Definitely well worth a stay and we are now looking forward to an excuse to return. read less
- Great Hotel, Friendly Staff The hotel is in a great location, close to everything. Walking distance... read moreThe hotel is in a great location, close to everything. Walking distance to what feels like an endless amount of shops, restaurants, and activities. Rooms are clean, semi-modern, and well equipped. No fridge in basic rooms though.itsmish 3/15/2022
The rooms are also pretty small, definitely on the more compact side read lessGood and great place to hangoutSakthi Narayanan 4/04/2020Veldig bra, overgikk forventningerRoar Lorentsen 4/04/2018
- Fantastic We had a fab evening here with friends. The food was very... read moreWe had a fab evening here with friends. The food was very tasty, the cocktails were so nice & the staff were top class,very accomodating, really looking forward to coming back here again soon. Definitely would reccomend. read lesscrehancliona25 12/19/2021Definitely recommend Lovely experience. Fabulous hotels and lovely atmosphere. Can not fault. Staff all... read moreLovely experience. Fabulous hotels and lovely atmosphere. Can not fault. Staff all very helpful and friendly.Perfect location close to everything. Restaurant on site is perfect for a night in, bar staff really improved the experience. read lesshmmartin2022 12/07/2022Good location, huge rooms!Steven Russell 4/04/2018
- My boyfriend and I travelled around ireland last September and stayed in... read moreMy boyfriend and I travelled around ireland last September and stayed in this hotel , the staff were so friendly especially I think her name was Ashley I think was so so kind to us , I came on to write the review because ever since I have been dreaming about the poached egg option on the breakfast menu , I have never tased anything like it and I have never had a breakfast option near as good as what it tasted like , I talk about it everyday so if anyone is going please try this , thank you for a wonderful two days in beautiful Galway read lessSylvia Fitzgerald 3/02/2021Galway Staycation 💚 Overall, I had a great experience with the Victoria Hotel Galway. The... read moreOverall, I had a great experience with the Victoria Hotel Galway. The staff was incredibly helpful, and the amenities were great.Q1130VDshanem 9/30/2021
The room was wonderful, clean, and perfect to celebrate a birthday weekend. Thank you. I’ll be back again soon read lessFriendly, clean room The breakfast was very good. Coeliacs are catered well. Perhaps,... read moreThe breakfast was very good. Coeliacs are catered well. Perhaps, you could improve the offering by providing gluten free porridge.gerardd0yle 3/21/2022
The meal that I had was good for a vegetarian.
The room was cleaned really well. The waitering, reception staff were both friendly and helpful read less
- Fantastic hotel & location Had a fabulous stay with friends recently. The location was perfect as... read moreHad a fabulous stay with friends recently. The location was perfect as we were in Galway for the Christmas markets. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Rooms were immaculate and beds were very comfortable. read lessemma_1418 12/13/2021Bra läge men för lite förvaring på rum.Ann Wigh 4/04/2020Fantastic renovations in this lovely hotel The Victoria has always been a lovely hotel with a great location... read moreThe Victoria has always been a lovely hotel with a great location in Galway. However, with the recent renovations - the hotel has been taken to another level. The rooms, the reception area and new bar are absolutely top notch. I highly recommend staying here or just popping in for food or a drink. read lessRonan0Connell 1/02/2022
- Victoria Hotel Galway Ate and drank at Queen Street at the Victoria Hotel in Galway.... read moreAte and drank at Queen Street at the Victoria Hotel in Galway. Absolutely magnificent service and some of the most delicious food I’ve had in a long time. Also had some great live music which was a nice bonus! Will be back soon!!! read lessAoibhaill123 11/07/2021Highly Recommend Victoria Hotel has a great location, a welcoming and friendly staff, and... read moreVictoria Hotel has a great location, a welcoming and friendly staff, and offers clean, well-appointed rooms. We also had a terrific experience in the Victoria Hotel restaurant. I would highly recommend this property. Plus, the price is right. read lessNorthStar52454582056 11/08/2021Highly recommend Really nice hotel. In a great location. Perfect for a night on... read moreReally nice hotel. In a great location. Perfect for a night on the town. Right in the city centre. The food was fantastic and they have a lovely cocktail menu too. Would definitely return. More for couples/ night out. read lessTrudiConroy 2/14/2022
- Location location locationJose Lopez 4/04/2020Beautiful. We had the lovely room with the glass case window. Bed... read moreBeautiful. We had the lovely room with the glass case window. Bed was extremely comfortable. Room was very clean and the tub was fantastic! Staff was friendly and courteous. Far enough from the noise of the city center but close enough to walk anywhere easily. I hope I find myself in Galway again and staying at this hotel. read lessNikki Caro 4/04/2018Can't fault the Victoria hotel despite the extensive building work going on... read moreCan't fault the Victoria hotel despite the extensive building work going on when we stayed. Lovely extensive breakfast with so much food and choice, we left stuffed so we weren't hungry all day. Dinner the evening before was pretty tasty. Victoria is a city hotel stuck down in a tight spot but very close to Eyre Square, and all the centre of activities in the city, and its staff and workers are all very welcoming and helpful. The bedroom wasn't huge but the beds were comfortable, having a bath and a shower in the spacious bathroom was wonderful, loads of hot water and all you could need. The decor is tasteful, everything worked. The window was pretty dirty but as it's mid-winter and it was dark when we got in, following a hospital appointment, we pulled the very heavy curtains and slept very well. Great location for doing Galway City on foot and leaving the car behind, as Galway city is NOT recommended for a visitor to bring a car into. Thank you Victoria Hotel, we enjoyed your hospitality. read lessD T 4/04/2019
- Great Food , Great Location This hotel is in a great location, the food was fabulous and... read moreThis hotel is in a great location, the food was fabulous and the menu had great variety, desserts were outstanding. The staff were very friendly and attentive. Highly recommend this hotel, we will return in 2022. read lessteresar844 12/28/2021Great service and drinsk The drinks were great here! I got a buffalo whiskey sour. The... read moreThe drinks were great here! I got a buffalo whiskey sour. The vibes are very nice - we celebrated my friends birthday. Pizza was ok. Service was great - thx Max! Sweet potato fries were great. Overall a good time! More read less466jilla 9/19/2022Weekend Galway Getaway Since this hotel has been done up we've been back twice, having... read moreSince this hotel has been done up we've been back twice, having stayed here a few years ago when it could have done with a bit of TLC. The location is perfect for exploring Galway. Just off Eyre Square, everything is within walking distance. Food in bar restaurant was great. Service was absolutely brilliant. Could ask for nothing better. A lovely birthday weekend away courtesy of the wife. 😊😊😊 read lessgerardwayne 3/04/2022
- Zentrales Hotel, bestens für eine Erkundung Galways geeignet 👍Martin MUC 4/04/2020Convenient location n nice serviceEsther Lo 4/04/2018Excellent location and updated/clean bathrooms in the rooms The location was perfect, staff was very friendly, and breakfast was great.... read moreThe location was perfect, staff was very friendly, and breakfast was great. The bathrooms in the rooms were completely updated which in my opinion is the most important thing about a hotel room itself. I loved that we had double vanities so my husband and I could both get ready at the same time. Excellent spot and would stay here again if we come back to Galway. More read lessabigailhirn 9/09/2022
- FA Fabulous hotel, amazing friendly staff, have visited many times and will continue... read moreFabulous hotel, amazing friendly staff, have visited many times and will continue to do so, free parking during our stay. Just off Eyre Square so in reach if everything you need for your stay in Galway City. read lessFiona A 2/17/2022Lovely hotel....down a side street off Eyre Square...good value for money....room spacious,... read moreLovely hotel....down a side street off Eyre Square...good value for money....room spacious, clean & recently renovated....reception staff very helpful with issues we had read lessAdrienne Deegan 9/04/2020Supurb staff rooms comfy standard and quite concudering its busy in galway..staff... read moreSupurb staff rooms comfy standard and quite concudering its busy in galway..staff very helpfull if u dont know the area they will ask your interests n make suggestings read lessAtomicHD 4/04/2019
- Great location, no noise and clean We stayed here for 4 nights while visiting. When we walked in,... read moreWe stayed here for 4 nights while visiting. When we walked in, the hotel was clean and the service was good. Housekeeping also took good care of our room. I love how close the hotel is to everything and yet, being at the end of a street by a church meant it was quiet for us at night when sleeping. This hotel has breakfast included which entails continental options as well as ordering off the menu. We were delighted to find a hot vegan meal on the menu and had that each day along with some fruit from the continental breakfast. read lessdivinglama 10/16/2022Excellent hotel. The staff were so nice especially the waiting staff at... read moreExcellent hotel. The staff were so nice especially the waiting staff at night they made us feel so at home and went above and beyond. The receptionist at check in was so nice and really helped accomodated us. The location was very good and right beside everything read lessHotels.com reviewer 9/04/2020Bar and staff hotel review Great staff service, wonderful food and drinks. Great bar ,and rooms.... read moreGreat staff service, wonderful food and drinks. Great bar ,and rooms. Definitely would visit and recommend staying in this hotel. Very near centre of galway town Square. Clean bar, highly recommend cocktails. Food is amazing . Worth the money staying here . read lessR K 5/30/2022
- Amazing deirbhla is amazing!!!Tara_king1997 12/17/2021
What amazing drinks so happy!!! We love it here so... read moredeirbhla is amazing!!!
What amazing drinks so happy!!! We love it here so much we will be back!! We had amazing service and food was amazing!
Thank you to all the help and amazing service In the restaurant Tonight! Obsessed with the place we love it here read lessDommage. Il manque le sourirePascale Pierart 4/04/2019Winter visit Great location 1 block from main square but very quiet. Staff were... read moreGreat location 1 block from main square but very quiet. Staff were extremely helpful for my son's medical issue. Be aware one needs to schedule a time for breakfast once you arrive. Even had vegan option for breakfast. read lesslmsichel 12/29/2022
- Review Excellent hotel and friendly staff. The room was very clean and the... read moreExcellent hotel and friendly staff. The room was very clean and the towels were changed daily. We had breakfast at the hotel on one of the night and it was very nice and everything was fresh. The locust Jon is excellent and is a five minute walk from all the main attractions and train station. read lessMajamaciejowska 9/26/2020Lovely room for the price, and great staff.James Glynn 4/04/2020Nice hotel ! Nice stay at the Victoria hotel. Beds comfy, nice and clean. Good... read moreNice stay at the Victoria hotel. Beds comfy, nice and clean. Good shower. Staff were nice and friendly. Breakfast was lovely! Best sausages we had while in Ireland! Just a shame the parking was as far away as the bags were very heavy! .. would return read lessEdshe 11/07/2022
- Muy buenoAna María Aguilar 4/04/2020Hotel is boutique small,rooms very comfortable,beds also.Location excellent.Food in hotel excellent,staff brilliant... read moreHotel is boutique small,rooms very comfortable,beds also.Location excellent.Food in hotel excellent,staff brilliant what more can I say. Will be back next year sametime ,same hotel for Christmas Market. read lessDara Lawler 1/04/2022Queen Street Galway Queen Street Galway is awesome! Great service, scrumptious cocktails and outstanding service... read moreQueen Street Galway is awesome! Great service, scrumptious cocktails and outstanding service to boot! Plus the interior decor is easy on the eye.Thank you for a great night! Will definitely be recommending and coming back over and over! 😁 read lessAoibhaill123 3/11/2022
- The hotel is very pleasant, the staff is friendly, excellent breakfast, close proximity to the city center. The hotel is very pleasant, the staff is friendly, excellent breakfast, close... read moreThe hotel is very pleasant, the staff is friendly, excellent breakfast, close proximity to the city center.vkozul898736 8/19/2022
Maybe some work should be done on the comfort in the rooms, eg lack of wardrobes to store luggage, windows that are difficult to close, lack of flexible shower head in the shower. read lessTrip to Galway Booked this wonderful hotel for a recent first time trip to... read moreBooked this wonderful hotel for a recent first time trip to Galway. The hotel is located a short walk from both bus and train stations right in the heart of the city. I found the staff welcoming and very helpful. I can highly recommend the breakfast in the hotel, with an extensive selection of cereals, fruit and hot food on offer. Really enjoyed my stay. read lessKevConn58 12/02/2021Enjoyed visit nice staff very good menu ,nice place all round well... read moreEnjoyed visit nice staff very good menu ,nice place all round well done Victoria Hotel read lessReginald Mcaviney 4/04/2020